May 31: BHA to focus on Urban Core education needs
Brickell Homeowners Association (BHA) in collaboration with our urban core stakeholder partners, is teaming up with Miami Dade College to host the 2nd Annual Urban Core Education Forum on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at the Miami Dade College Chapman Conference Center, 300 NE 2nd Avenue, (Building 3, Room 3210), 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
The mission of the Forum is to bring together community leaders, residents, educators, businesses, and other stakeholders to address the state of education, particularly K-12, in Miami’s constantly growing urban core. The goal is that leaders emerge with strategies to overcome the challenges presented in our unique metropolis-neighborhoods, and seize opportunities for providing access to high quality education options in Miami’s urban core.
“We put together this Forum to address the growing need for high quality public school options for families making Brickell and the Greater Downtown area home,” BHA President Ernesto Cuesta explained. “We don’t want families to leave our area as their children grow because they don’t have access to quality schools in their neighborhood.”
The themes of the Forum include:
“Building New Public Schools to Accommodate Current and Future Needs”
- Action Item(s): Finalize negotiations on MDCPS’ F3 & F4
“Strengthening Current Assets: Urban Core Ed Excellence by 2020″
- Action Item: Establish School Improvement Plans (SIP) for Fragile Schools in the urban core (MDCPS’ H5)
“Sustained Educational Excellence in the Urban Core”
- Action Item(s): Revive and empower the City of Miami’s Education Committee
- Action Item: Revised Ed Compact between City of Miami and MDCPS
“Exploring All Options for Success”
- Action Item: Approve Mater Brickell Prep project
- Action Item: Explore all options for opening neighborhood school north of the Miami River
There is no cost to participate in the forum, but RSVP is required to Sam Joseph at email@example.com.
- Download Flyer (PDF)
- Download Sponsorship Form
- Contact BHA for more information
- Register for the Forum
- Download Detailed Agenda